Friday, January 7, 2011

All about FOOD!

Ok.. I tricked you!  I was looking at my blog "stats" and apparently my "Recipes for fun" blog got a LOT more hits than any other blog so I thought I would trick you by making food the topic.  (Insert evil laugh here)

Well it is NOT what I am going to talk about! 

The real topic:  Phone Calls vs. Texting

If you know me at ALL you know I LOVE to text, this is the best invention since sliced bread.  Maybe that is not a good analogy because I am not a bread lover. 

And there I go talking about food, must stop, stomach is growling so I can't help it!

My husband does not get the whole texting *thing*.  (insert sigh)  Don't get me wrong he will send the occasional text in responding to my text but if it is more than a sentence long he dials my number and calls.  (insert double sigh)  Just kidding honey, I love the sound of your voice.

Me, I have actually planned a vacation 15 hours from home to visit an *old* friend PURELY from texting!  It went something like this:

Me:  Hey girl!  What cha doin'?
Her:  Shopping, drinking coffee, at the movies.. something like that give me a break it's been a couple of years ago!
Me:  Cool.  Well we are coming your way in a few months would love to c ya!
Her:  Awesome! When?
Me:  Sent date (again been a couple of years can't remember details)

Fast forward a few months:
Texting starts:
Me: Hey girl!  We will be there tomorrow, can't wait to see ya!
Her: Cool I can't wait either.  Got a babysitter so we can go out!
Me: AWESOME!  Text ya when we are almost there!
Her: k

Next day:
Texting starts:
Me:  Hey girl we will be there in a hour!
Her: YAY (again I am paraphrasing here!)
Me: What's your address?
Her:  ADDRESS GOES HERE
Me: K see ya soon

About an hour later:
Texting starts:
Me: We r here!  woo hoo
Her: GREAT!  I am at the post office, target, mcdonald's (hell I don't remember where she was but she wasn't at home)
Me: k.. well I see a post office wonder if you are at this one?
Her: I don't see you
Me:  Sitting out front, what do u drive?
Her: A black? van
Me: Don't see a black? van!
Her: What street are you on?
Me: Not sure..

Matt:  CAN YOU PICK UP THE PHONE AND JUST CALL HER? 

And just like that I planned an entire vacation from Wisconsin to Tennessee all by text!  Only a few little glitches towards the end. 

And have you notice you can totally piss someone off by texting and not even mean too?  oooh I am so good at it!  Well and vice versa.  A couple of examples:  (names have been changed to protect the *innocent*)

This conversation was about something I really don't want to share the details of but those aren't important anyway.  It went something like this:

Her:  Well I would handle it this way (really leaving out details here)
Me:  Yeah I am going to talk to *her* in a few days
Her:  Haha!  U being sarcastic?
Me:  Ummmm no.  Did it seem that way?
Her:  haha yea... like oh yeah as soon as _____ (no need to fill in blank) I will talk to her
Me:  I don't understand how that seems remotely sarcastic?  (skip middle of conversation)  Have you taken your Zoloft today??  lol

I received a phone call after that comment and we figured out it was all a stupid misunderstanding because you can't *read* a persons tone when reading a text!

Last one:  (ok, I don't care about protecting the innocent in this one because it was my mother-in-law and we ALL have issues with those!)

Me:  Hello!  When I got the pack n play from you I didn't get the pad that goes in the bottom.  Would u happen to still have that?  (please note: said pack n play came into my possession about a year ago!)
Her:  Yes I do remember I told you.
Me:  But do you still have it?  (in a VERY frustrated tone I might add!  I don't care if you remember that you told me you had it just answer my freaking question!)
Her:  I thought I said yes I do.  How are the kids?
Me:  lol you did way back then but if you were like me you would have lost it a long time ago.  (then I went on about the kids which doesn't pertain to this story so we will skip it)

But aaahhhh then it dawned on me and hit me like a TON of bricks!  So I wrote back:

Me:  And I just reread your text... I thought you meant yes I do remember when now I see it meant yes I do still have it. Ha.  Funny (ok I put *fun* but meant to put funny) how things can read in a text.
Her:  I should use punctuation lol.

I REALLY wanted to write back and say "yes, yes you really should because it would have made me NOT want to reach through the phone lines and slap you across the face!)  MIL if you are reading this, I love you! ;-)

I started this blog off wanting to go a totally different route but it ended up being what it is.  So if you ever call me and I don't answer it's probably because I am watching my favorite show, eating, yelling at the kids, escaping with a hot bath, rocking back in forth in a chair repeating over and over "why me God why me?" but none the less if you text me chances are you will receive a text back within about 5 minutes because I can multi task..

Unless I am in the hot bath mentioned, I really don't want to get shocked!  Hmmm wonder if there are geniuses working on a phone I could just sit on the counter in the bathroom and talk and my phone would type out what I am saying and text for me???  yeah that might be a little creepy.

Thanks for stopping by, text me!

No comments:

Post a Comment