Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Spaghetti for Dummies

Everyone can cook spaghetti right???



Well I used to have a roommate that couldn't make a grilled cheese sandwich so I am going to say it is probably not far fetched to say that not EVERYONE can make spaghetti.

Now this is a meal that I must make at least every other week or my kids would behead me.seriously!  It is the 1 thing I can cook and I do not get one moan, groan, sigh, roll of the eyes or any other do we really have to eat this gesture.

Well I used to watch my mom cook spaghetti but she would actually buy tomato paste, tomato sauce, yada yada yada....

Don't get me wrong it was DELICIOUS but who really has time for that or feels like doing that work after working at their job all.day.long?

So here you go, an easy "recipe" that your family will love and you should even have enough left over to freeze that way you won't have to make the sauce the next time.

(Sorry in advance for the bad quality of pictures, I was taking them with my phone camera)

First up browning your ground beef, I always buy 80/20.  I add a little garlic powder and onion powder while cooking for added flavor.  And if you buy the meat that looks like "worms" then PLEASE "smoosh" it up ... I can't stand browning the meat like that because for the very reason I referred to it for looking like worms.  And nobody likes chunky meat in their spaghetti either so chop that meat up!


Strain the meat after fully cooking to drain the grease then return to pan.

Are you ready for my next big secret ingredient?


Yum, that is it Hunt's Garlic & Herb, Hunt's Traditional and Classico Tomato and Garlic.  YUMMO!

After adding these to the meat I stir well then I will another secret ingredient:

This stuff is GREAT!  Has all the basic Italian spices in this so you don't have to buy a bunch of different ones.  I also toss in a little more garlic and onion powder and stir well.

It is seriously that EASY!  Just cover and simmer while your noodles are boiling (just follow package instructions) and viola you have a great meal that your family will think you slaved over for hours!

Throw a little grated parmesan on top, or in my case a LOT, and enjoy!

The next time you have company coming over and they suggest take out because you are the non cooking friend... surprise them all with this.  It is seriously fool proof!

No comments:

Post a Comment