Friday, January 7, 2011

Totally Random Funny Memories

Before I write this blog let me just say I am soooo glad at this point I am 3* years old and that means I am too old to get a whoopin' from my mom or dad! 

With hubby watching the game and the kids excessive fighting I have basically locked myself in the office and while stalking everyone on fb I decided to pull up YouTube and listen to some music... REALLY loud.. remember I am trying to block out kids yelling at each other over stupid shit!  (if it wasn't so cold outside I would throw them in the yard and let them duke it out.seriously.)

This brings me to my 1st story.  It happened in 1988 (I am old so I may be off one the year by a year or so, I am sure my husband will read this and will google when the song came out because well that is just what he does, go research something useful!  I love you dear hubby!)

Anyway, one night my BFF & I were supposed to be going to church on a rainy Weds. night.  She came to pick me up and she said hey can we just go to my boyfriends house.  Sure why not?  I should have known when we were on the way over there driving down Flournoy Lucas Rd. (fyi the church was on the opposite side of town) she says about 10 feet from the stop sign "should I stop?"  WTF?  YES you should stop!  Why do you think they put stop signs up?  They are not giving you an OPTION to stop but rather telling you that you BETTER stop!  Now remember I said *rainy* night so of course she stomped on the brake pedal as hard as she possibly could!  (insert screaming and lots of cussing!)  We did a 360 in the road and came about 2 feet from going in a ditch!  That is when I knew the big man upstairs was trying to tell me something!  Do you think at that point I said you know what ... we should turn around and go to church.  Hello I was like 16.. no WAY!  So off to the boyfriends we go.  He was a few years older, which basically means he could buy liquor heeeeey.  I mean I have already pissed off the big man upstairs so lets just add alcohol to the equation. Why not?  So the boyfriend, and his friend, left to get liquor.  That is when the BFF and I decided it would be fun to stick her boyfriends socks down our pants, jump up on the couch, crank up Run DMC You be Illin and danced like we had no sense at all!  Now that was a sight let me tell you.  For the record, the socks were at least clean!  Big Mac Large Fries anyone?




One more funny memory from my childhood for tonight, now my daddy aka Big Daddy LOVES to tell this story and honestly I LOVE the way his face lights up and how this HUGE smile comes on his face while telling it.  Since it means soooo much to him I will share it with you on here.  Now this is a laugh for you at MY expense.  I for one would rather laugh at other peoples expense but I will take one for the team!

So, I am going to guess I was maybe 14ish when this happened.  (If you know me AT ALL you know I totally suck with time frames and dates.  Geez, I married a man that has the same birthday as I do so I wouldn't forget it!)

Back to the story.  We had this water tube *thingy* that Big Daddy would pull behind the boat, I believe it would sit 3-4 people.  This thing was a BLAST on the water!  Tracey, isn't this the thing you and I rode on?  That's a whole other story!  Focus Connie.....  I searched on google to try and find a picture and I could not find on EXACTLY like it but this should paint the picture for you...

(let me just say.. first of all ours did not have the *pointy* things at the end I mean ouch!  Could you imagine hitting a killer wave flipping forward and landing on the front of that thing?  hmmm on second thought... ugh focus Connie!

Ok so back to story.  It was winter time in Shreveport and we had a HUGE snow storm, that did not happen often at all so you probably all remember it that lived there back then.  Well my dad gets a bright idea to hook this thing up to the back of his truck and says let go for a ride.  WOO HOO baby lets go!  I had no fear.at all.ever!  Until about 5 minutes later.  Dad had his truck on the street I jump on the big banana and I am pretty sure I may have thrown a hand up in the air like I was a cowboy ridin' a big ol' bull!  Off daddy goes and we get about 5 houses down and here it comes... the CURVE!  Do you think he slowed down?!?!?  pssshhhh have you met my daddy?  NO HE DID NOT!  Needless to say about that time I noticed about 10 of my friends watching and cheering me on and I was thinking yeah you just wish your daddy was this cool!  When it happened... this sucker went sliding in that curve to the right and kept going and going and going until BAM it hit the curb I went flying for what felt like 20 feet up in the air and landed in one of the friends yards that was cheering me on.  I don't think I was on the ground when I popped up to my feet and went WOO THAT WAS COOL!  When really everything in my body was HURTING LIKE HELL!  Needless to say... I never let Big Daddy take me riding in the snow again.EVER. 

While writing this blog it dawned on me that I actually have a picture of a friend and I on said mentioned tube.


I don't know if this picture was taken before or after the incident but Heather was not harmed with my Daddy's antics!  I Love you Big Daddy!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment