Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The day the police invaded our house

 A couple of weeks ago we decided to go see a movie.  It has become wonderful since the kids are now old enough to see what they want while Matt and I go see what we like.  So this day we went to see the 100th Fockers movie.. or so it seems like it was.  Time to lay that movie to rest.

About half way through the movie Matt's phone went off, Oklahoma number, hmm don't know who that is so just ignore it.  Until the 3rd time they called I said you better see who it is since they won't stop calling.  He walks out of the theatre, wish EVERYONE would do that, and comes back and said our home alarm was going off.  Apparently the back door came open. 

So, do we need to leave what are they doing? 

He said the police were there and they said every thing looks fine. 

WHAT???  Now I KNOW the first thing that should have gone through my head was thank GOD nobody was in the house and everything was ok.  But what ACTUALLY went through my head was..  The POLICE have gone through our house????  But we didn't make the bed (which we never do because really what's the point?)  and there is laundry on the bedroom floor and did we do dishes today or is the sink full too? 

UGH the Clinton Police are going through our dirty house and I am not there to apologize for the mess!  But then again if I were there the alarm wouldn't have gone off.  We live in a small town folks and I don't need people to know I didn't make my bed or that there was laundry on the floor or there may have been dishes in the sink!  I really don't like people judging me!

Probably the funniest part to this story.. when we arrived home I told Matt to go inside and check it out before the kids and I went in.  Of course I am giving him the run down.  Be sure to look in the pantry, behind clothes in the closet, make sure the attic door in Ashley's room is locked, check in the tub, check in the clothes dryer ok so I didn't take it that far!  But what cracked me up was when he finally walked back out to give us the all clear he was holding the largest kitchen knife we own.  Yeah, good thing our imaginary robber didn't have an imaginary GUN!  Wait just a minute... wonder if the "not me ghost" got bored and wanted to go outside?  (for those of you that haven't read that story we have a ghost!)

Well now our house is clean and I am REALLY tempted to set the alarm off so the fine police officers of Clinton, MS can go back and tell everyone we must of just been having a bad day! 

Seriously friends and family... if you do not have your home protected by a security company DO IT and do it NOW!  It will give you such a peace of mind that you, your family, pets and belongs are being well guarded!  It is soooo worth the $35 a month!  (and after 2 years that is reduced to $19.99, I am starting to sound like a commercial)

I did a lot of research and pricing inquires before we decided on a company and we chose Pro Tech Security located in Madison, MS.  Their installers were nice and professional, they cleaned up the mess before they left and we did not pay a PENNY for the install.  Please give them a call if you are looking for a company to keep your family safe!

http://www.pro-techsecurity.info/
or visit them on facebook at:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/PRO-TECH-Security/135735416460548
I did not get paid anything to give their information, we just love them that much!

No comments:

Post a Comment