Monday, January 3, 2011

Recipes for fun

In my whole new quest to cook more often I am in search of finding new things for us to try, don't get me wrong I just like your basic type stuff so no "weird" stuff thank you.  :-)  But I am finding in my quest that I am not the only one that feels like this, we all seem to get in a rut of cooking the same things over and over.  I have tried the emails that come through sometimes that say type out two recipes and send it to the next person on the email list and you will get them in return... I have NEVER gotten any in return.  :(  So I will do this, anytime I try something new I will share it here with you.  I am going to go ahead and include a few of our family favorites now. 

Chicken Spaghetti  (thank you Tina, and I believe Renee that gave it to her)
1 whole chicken boiled and deboned
1lb velvetta cheese
2lbs spag. noodles (I don't use thin for this)
1 small can chopped pimentios drained
1 small can diced black olives
1 cup milk
1 small onion diced (I put in chopper and basically puree because Matt wouldn't eat it if he can see the onions)
1 stick of REAL butter
1 large can cream of chicken soup

Boil chicken in large pan with tonys, garlic powder and onion powder until done. When done remove chicken and save your water, boil noodles in water and strain.
Once chicken is cooked and cooling melt butter in sauce pan
then saute onions. When onions are ready and velvetta (cubed), milk and cream of chicken soup. Stir until cheese is melted and then add pimentos and olives. In the meantime debone and "tear" up chicken. When noodles are done mix noodles, chicken and sauce together and enjoy! :)


Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies (OMG YUMMY!)

Sift into bowl:
1 cup sifted flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup sugar

Then add and mix well:

1/2 cup soft shortening
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 egg
3 tbsp. evaporated milk
1 tsp. vanilla

After mixing the above well add and mix:

2 cups uncooked Quaker Oats
6 oz milk chocolate chips

Form into medium size balls and place on greased cookie sheet and bake 10 minutes at 375. Then pour a LARGE glass of milk and enjoy!
I usually double this recipe because these cookies go QUICK in our house!


Tater Tot Casserole (Matt and I are not crazy about this but the kids LOVE it!)

Brown 1lb ground beef and put in caserole dish.  Add 1 can drained green beans (you can use corn) 1 can cream of mushroom soup, layer with shredded cheddar and top with tater tots.  Bake until tater tots brown and cheese is melted at 350.  Takes about 45 minutes to an hour.

Pork Tenderloin

1 pork tenderloin (I buy one that is not already seasoned but you could get that if you would prefer, just skip the seasoning and searing step)
1 bottle of Sweet Rays BBQ Sauce (or bbq sauce of your choice)
1 tablespoon A1
1 tablespoon Worchestire Sauce
5lb bag of B Red Potatoes
1 stick of REAL butter

Season pork with Garlic, Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb, salt and pepper then sear in a hot pan with about 3 tbsp of oil.  After it is brown on all sides place in crock pot.  Then in a seperate bowl mix together A1, worchestire sauce, 1/2 bottle of bbq sauce and 3/4 cup of water.  Set that to the side.  Add cleaned potatoes (I cut them in half) on top of pork.  Then pour your mixture on top and sprinkle in a little more Mrs. Dash and salt and pepper.  Place your stick of butter right on top and cook all day on low.  I usually heat up a can of green beans or peas to go along with.  Your house will smell so good when you come home from work!  Prep time is about 20 minutes... sure beats the time you will spend when you get home in the evening and having to cook a whole meal!

EASY Beef Tips and Rice

1 lrg. package of Clean and Trimmed Stew Meat (I usually get the SUPER clean and trimmed)
5 packages dry brown gravy mix
1 large can cream of mushroom soup

Rinse off the stew meat, sometimes when you buy this it has some large pieces I just cut them up a little more if needed.  Put gravy mix, 5 cups of water and soup in crock pot and mix well.  I always mix together 1/2 cup of corn starch and 1/2 cup cold water together and add to help thicken a little.  Add in some garlic powder, onion powder and salt and pepper and cook on low all day.  All you have to do when you get home is cook the rice!  (you can add onion if you would like buy my hubby doesn't eat it :(  )

So there you go, these are just a few of our favorites.  I will add more later but I would love to have some of yours as well.  Most of these have been passed on to me and I am so glad they did!  Bon Appetit!  :-)




2 comments: