Thursday, January 6, 2011

Laundry now makes me happy

You are thinking LAUNDRY ... really Connie??  Yup I want to talk about laundry.  So I put on FB last week that we bought a new washer and dryer.  Well we HAD to buy the dryer because ours went out, I had to BEG my husband to get the washer.  We have been married almost 12 years and we have never had a matching set, ok so a washer and dyer typically last a long time so I guess that really isn't that bad if you really think about it.  But dang it I wanted a matching set, and what momma wants momma gets... pshhh who am I trying to kid??  Anyway, this time momma won!

Let me say I am OBSESSED with this new fine machinery!  I am finding myself walk into each room just trying to find something.. ANYTHING that needs to be washed!  I could never understand why our clothes never had a great smell when they came out of the dryer, don't get me wrong they smelled clean but not like the softener or dryer sheets.  Melanie came over one day to pick up Gaines and she was going to change his clothes, while I was holding them I found myself with my nose buried in his clothes sniffing them to the point of if someone looked at me they would probably think I was trying to get high!  Not to mention Melanie was probably thinking "ok what kind of psycho am I letting watch my baby?"  But I said in a loud voice "OMG (I didn't say O.M.G. one letter at a time, I said oh my gosh) MELANIE WHAT KIND OF DETERGENT AND SOFTENER DO YOU USE??"  She responded All free and clear and the cheapest softener that Wal-mart sells.  I told Matt as soon as she walked out the door.. you MUST go get us this softener because that has to be the problem, we already use ALL.  Being the AWESOME husband as he is he went out got the softener and I immediately washed a load of clothes only to cry when they came out... they didn't smell like the pure joy of wonderful like Gaines clothes had.  sigh  I called Melanie and it went something like this.. "Do you do anything else different with your laundry because mine just did not come out smelling like that!?!?!"  Her response was a simple "Nope, that's it".  double sigh  Now she is probably questioning my mental status!

This brings me back to the new washer and dryer, I am in love because guess what?  Our clothes now smell like that pure joy of wonderful!  So it wasn't the detergent and softener not doing the job.. it was the old washer and dryer that were disappointing me so!  Now I find myself smelling my clothes all the time!  Matt and I were at Chili's one night and I had my favorite black sweater on and I put my wrist area up to my nose and again I found myself sniffing like I was trying to get high or something (for the record I have NEVER gotten high or snorted anything up my nose).  Matt said um what are you doing?  In this very excited voice I said I CAN'T STOP SMELLING MY CLOTHES AND IF I RUB MY WRIST TOGETHER IT MAKES IT SMELL STRONG AGAIN!  Hello, my name is Connie and I am addicted to smelling my clothes.  Hello Connie!  Wondering when I will receive the divorce papers or ended up in the loony hospital!  Especially after I made the comment that I wanted to take EVERYTHING out of the closet and rewash it all so it will all smell good!  Matt said no, we would eventually wear everything and it would all get washed. He can be such a dream crusher sometimes!  I am trying to change my clothes often but not enough to where he will get suspicious!  ha ha ok that isn't true.. but the thought has crossed my mind.  :-)

My new loves:



When our dryer went out Matt was washing clothes at home and then taking them to the laundry mat to dry, he just loved that let me tell ya!  But he is so sweet there was no way he was going to ask me to do it.  Luckily he only had to go about 3 times.  But what amazed me, not 1 person that knew we were without a dryer offered for us to come to their home and use theirs.  I was shocked, I mean I would let you come to my house have a cup of coffee and chit chat while you did your clothes.  Well baby that is NOT the case anymore... I am keeping these two all for myself!  Not in a mean.. you didn't let me use yours so now you can't use mine kind of way.  But a I would not share my husband with you so why would I share my other 2 loves with you kind of way!   I see men in white coats getting out of a van in my driveway.. let me go see what they want.....

No comments:

Post a Comment